Welcome, Whiners!

Welcome, Whiners!
Are you tired of hearing, "Quit yer bitchin'?" Goood. You've come to the right place. Whiners, moaners, complainers, venters, and crybabies are all welcome and invited. No matter how petty and immature and insignificant your rant, you now have a place to post it. Or you can just enjoy my daily grousing. Yay. Let the bitching begin.

Friday, May 13, 2011

A Little Consideration, Please

Even in my trimmer days, I wasn't what you'd call a "looker."

You know, it is evil to post photos of people on social websites without their permission. I have never, ever, ever liked having my picture taken because taken means stolen, and whatever tribe it is that believes cameras steal your soul is absofuckinglutely right. One should not have to suffer even in private the humiliation of the hard, cold pictorial evidence of one’s actual appearance, yet alone in a global forum teeming with former high school classmates’ malicious anticipation that you are more swollen than they are.

I prefer to live in a sort of delusion that I don’t really resemble what a Polaroid says I do. If you have seen a photo of me, then you know exactly what I’m talking about. (See above.) My fat fricking chinnage looks like one of those inner tubes for river rafting, or like Bristol Palin’s “before” picture. Coincidentally, my upper torso appears to have been inflated by a gigantic air mattress pump perhaps inserted into one of those little plastic valves that may be hidden beneath my back-fat folds. Who knows what’s all up under there? You can understand why I don’t willingly pose for posterity. It’s totally unfair to be the cause of mass pukery.

Now I realize that many folks enjoy flaunting the goods, especially when they are young and firm and dumbasses. I mean, who out there hasn’t allowed the occasional tasteful Hustler-crotch-shot or the harmless sex-with-multiple-midgets tape? What? Yes, I meant besides Paris Hilton and anyone who assists Hef with his catheter and collection bag. What? No one? Huh.

Well, booby shots, then. Everyone does that. Even Pippa. And what happens to all embarrassing exposures the second the image develops? They pop up on Face Book. Or somebody’s ex sells them to a skin mag. Whatever. Why can’t we all just show a little more consideration? Here are some pointers that might help: Don’t let anyone ever shove a camera in your hoo-ha. Don’t generate a penis gallery with your own damned cell phone. Don’t smoke. It kills. (I just had to throw that in there.) And please don’t put my age- and jumbo-bags-of-Kit-Kats-tarnished image on display without checking with me first. My answer will always be "no," but it is strictly in the best interest of public safety.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, now, Bloggurl.

    Ever seen that post that circled the Internet at least 4006 times, with pictures of "WalMart shoppers whose attire (or lack thereof) is mind-boggling. They don't seem to care, so why should you?

    You know the cliché about how "deep" beauty is anyway. Besides, your beauty emanates from much more substantial and profound places than the "age- and jumbo-bags-of-Kit-Kats-tarnished image" you are inaccurately appraising in the mirror. Plus you're witty beyond words.

    Ever seen pictures of Einstein or Virginia Woolf?

    Fightening. And their pictures are public domain now!

    Hess

    ReplyDelete