Welcome, Whiners!

Welcome, Whiners!
Are you tired of hearing, "Quit yer bitchin'?" Goood. You've come to the right place. Whiners, moaners, complainers, venters, and crybabies are all welcome and invited. No matter how petty and immature and insignificant your rant, you now have a place to post it. Or you can just enjoy my daily grousing. Yay. Let the bitching begin.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It May Be Time for a Diet...




See? This is what happens when you  have a fat ass.  Men in ugly coats try to shoot you with rifles.


I was waddling around Boston this week when I realized…I was waddling. I’m afraid that I may have gone a little too far with that New Year’s resolution about getting sloppy fat just because I knew it was one I could keep. The truth is that if you put a couple of sticks between my thighs, I could make it in the wilderness because the friction would start a nice fire. But then, the goddamned duck hunters would find me.

So. Before I end up with an ass full of buckshot, I’m thinking it’s time to get serious about losing some of my ass. Now, it isn’t that I haven’t been thinner before or that I don’t know all about dieting. I admit that the past year’s expansion has been due to my inactivity. BUT. Said inactivity isn’t completely my fault as I am not the fucktard who spilled water in the drink aisle at the big box store I shall call Fall Mart. Nevertheless, it is now I who must take charge of the mess otherwise known as my body.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people say that if you want to lose weight, “Just watch what you eat.” So I decided to try it. I huffed all the way down to Dunkin’ Donuts, and I watched the bagels. I watched the croissants. I watched the pastries. And I did not lose a freaking ounce. In fact, I’m pretty sure I gained poundage because I got bored watching the crullers, so I ended up buying 3 chocolate cake, 2 Irish crème, and a jelly-filled. Obviously watching what you eat does not work. Fucking liars.  

I’ve also tried that brilliant advice about “burning more calories than you consume.” First, I calculated the number of calories I take in during a typical day. Then, I looked up the number of calories burned per hour of doing my favorite exercise. So at 86 calories per hour, I would have to cook, like, 50 hours in a day to lose weight. Obvs, someone didn’t think this shit through.

And another thing is that the more you weigh, the more calories you burn per hour. A 100-pound person burns 114 calories per hour of housecleaning. But a 250-pound person burns 284 calories for the same damned thing. That is not fair. By my figuring, I’ve got to weigh, like, 750 pounds and clean house for 5 hours a day to get thin. I just don’t see that happening because I can barely vacuum now.

I don’t know. It’s getting critical since I have to buy my clothes in the camping section now. The color selection in pup tents is butt-ugly. I know this because I was just at the sporting goods store looking for an official Duck Dynasty Duck Commander Duck Call. Hell, while I’m trying to surround myself with a paddling of ducks for protective cover, I might as well be trendy.

3 comments:

  1. As I am reading this, I am huffing and puffing from merely dusting and moving stereo equipment upstairs. I could have sworn that I exercised my ass off. Your facts tell me I didn't even bust a fat cell. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Sorry about bursting your bubble there. Since Bloggurl's facts are always 100% accurate, though, that means we need to weigh upwards of 800 pounds to jump start our weight loss. But the good news is that if we're that heavy, we'd lose, like, 30 pounds a week just from the huffing and puffing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the good news?!?!?! I want to lose 30 pounds with the twitch of my nose, the blink of my eyes or some hocus-pocus magic with Harry Potter's wand.

    ReplyDelete